Our Privacy Policies and Practices
- Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
- Types of information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who we share your information with
- Your information and third-party companies
- Access to and accuracy of your information
- Keeping your information secure
1. Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all Comtrsys.com-owned websites and domains, and our wholly owned subsidiaries (“Comtrsys websites.”).
Links to non-Comtrsys websites
2. Types of information we collect
This Privacy Statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregate reporting.
- Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. Comtrsys uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with Comtrsys. We take seriously the trust you place in us. Comtrsys will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.On some Comtrsys websites, you can access services, request information, or subscribe to marketing or support materials. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords.
3. How we use your information
Comtrsys uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a certification course, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and courses and to personalize some Comtrsys websites.
Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide Comtrsys through other sources such as product registration, or public events such as trade shows or seminars.
Personal data given to Comtrsys may be transferred across state borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about Comtrsys website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
Comtrsys will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Comtrsys will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. Comtrsys shares customer information across Comtrsys-owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as described above in “How we use your information.
Comtrsys contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in “How we use your information.” Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Comtrsys and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Comtrsys. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. Comtrsys will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
5. Your information and third-party companies
Certain Comtrsys services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both Comtrsys and the third party personal data you provide. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies.
6. Access to and accuracy of your information
Comtrsys strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide your company administrators with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of Comtrsys’ websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers.
7. Keeping your information secure
Comtrsys is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Comtrsys has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes.
1. A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, https://www.ctsys.com is the URL for CTS’s home page.
2 An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.